University at Albany’s Race for Equity 5K celebrates social justice accomplishments in the United States, raises awareness about current injustices and educates participants as our nation forges ahead in the Race for Equity. "Social justice stations" located at the end of the race will memorialize social justice accomplishments, recognize civil rights leaders, and raise awareness about current inequities.
DATE, LOCATION, TIME
Saturday, October 08, 2022
1400 Washington Avenue, Casey Stadium, Albany, NY 12222
9AM - 10:30AM: Registration/Check-in
11AM Race Start (In the SEFCU Arena Parking Lot by Casey Stadium)
WHERE TO PARK
Parking for the event will take place in the SEFCU Parking Lot, which is adjacent to SEFCU Arena and Casey Stadium.
(Ends August 20th)
(August 21 and after)
|Kids (18 and under)*
*There is no processing fee, nor any charge for free entries.
- Due to limited supply, 5K bags and giveaways will be only provided to the first 500 people to sign in on the day of the event.
- Young children in strollers do not need to be registered for the event.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
- Those unable to run in the 5K are welcome to visit the social justice stations. Registration, sign-in and payment of fees is still required.
MORE ABOUT THE EVENT
The 5K run/walk runs around the perimeter of the uptown campus, with ARE Event Productions managing the course and timing logistics. Competitive runners, walkers and children (including those in strollers) from the UAlbany community and general public are all welcome to join the event.
Proceeds from the event will be dedicated to social justice scholarships for new and continuing University at Albany students who demonstrate interest in, and advocacy for, advancing social justice initiatives.
The Race for Equity 5K is hosted by the University at Albany’s:
- Office of Equity and Compliance
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Office of Intercultural Student Engagement
- Men’s Basketball Team
Need additional assistance?
Contact Amelia Barbadoro at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the event.